One of the most fun piano activities is to play along with pre-recorded band or an orchestra. And even if you are an absolute beginner, you can just play a melody and sound like a band! Later you can add chords and harmonies and sound even better.
For beginners I would recommend to check out Instant Piano Series by Hal Leonard. I have almost all of these books and my students can chose any of those songs. It also teaches chord approach so that you can play harmonies with your left hand and start improvising even before you learn bass clef notation.
Books include movie soundtracks, Disney songs, Christmas songs, Broadway, Star Wars, Beatles, popular classics, and more!
Please download the PDF catalog and a Zip-file with play along mp3 tracks and choose your repertoire!
Disney: PreTime Piano Adventures
• Do You Want to Build a Snowman? (Frozen)
• I Just Can’t Wait to Be King (The Lion King)
• I See the Light (Tangled)
• It’s a Small World (Disney Parks’ “it’s a small world” Attraction)
• Scales and Arpeggios (The Aristocats) • Step in Time (Mary Poppins) • The Siamese Cat Song (Lady and the Tramp) • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (Mary Poppins) • Winnie the Pooh (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
Disney: PlayTime Piano
Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast) • Gaston (Beauty and the Beast) • Gummi Bears Theme (Adventures of the Gummi Bears) • I Just Can’t Wait to Be King (The Lion King) • Let It Go (Frozen) • Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Mary Poppins) • Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid) • Remember Me (Ernesto de la Cruz) (Coco) • A Spoonful of Sugar (Mary Poppins)
Disney: ShowTime Piano
Almost There (The Princess and the Frog) • Baroque Hoedown (“Main Street Electrical Parade” at Disneyland® Resort and Magic Kingdom® Park) • Chim Chim Cher-ee (Mary Poppins) • Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas) • He’s a Pirate! (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl) • Proud Corazón (Coco) • Reflection (Mulan) • Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid) • A Whole New World (Aladdin)